Horrible Scans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whatsup everyone!

3 posters

Go down

Whatsup everyone! Empty Whatsup everyone!

Post by Dejimmy Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:27 pm

Hey Guys,

My name is Jimmy, and am a 21 year old Game Design and Japanese student from Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Next to practicing Vocab and Kanji daily, i needed another study method to put in all in to practice. Translating Manga seemed like a good idea and i decided to send Stalker an email. A to make a longer story short, here i am!

I am going to work on Cube x Cursed x Curious and am really looking forward to work with everybody and contribute to the group.

Aside from watching anime and reading Manga, i like sports. I do a sport called "Tricking" and i enjoy lifting weights.

I think that's about it. Don't hesitate to ask questions, if you have any.

Basketball
Dejimmy
Dejimmy

Back to top Go down

Whatsup everyone! Empty Morning

Post by VX Ace Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:56 am

|o/ Welcome! Nice to have a new translator, we were in desperate need of a translator. Thanks for joining.

Anyhow, I'm VX Ace (usually VX Ace|X6). Some random guy from the depths of California (a supposedly undisclosed location), and I'm pretty young. I'm the cleaner for C3, and the TSer for something, forgot what. Gonna make this my intro too.

I started out as a pure leecher back in perhaps July of 2012. My first manga, and anime was K-ON! (for the record, Azusa best girl). I moved on to SAO (Yui best girl) and so forth not to soon after. My first jump into this world of Fan-subbing and scanlations was when I hit some videos on YT that were never subbed, but deserved it. I picked up and subbing my first video, in December of 2012, I still sub and continue to refine my process to the present time. My first encounter in scanlations was when I saw a recruiting thing in one of Roan-kun's releases. I quickly decided to take a shot at being the TSer for Mashiro. After all that here I am.

I don't do much besides anime, manga and related. But I do do other things, including biking, messing with my awesome computer and, similar to Dejimmy, parkour. My can use Photoshop (CS2), GIMP, Adobe Premire Pro CS4, MeGUI, Solidworks, Aegisubs, the internet, IRC, and a host of random things. I am pretty good at being lazy, and being pretty private about somethings. I can speak Chinese pretty proficiently but I absolutely suck at reading it. Before you ask, I can't actually remember my computer specs off the top of my head.

I'm also open to any questions, comments and anything random. You can find me on Skype as VX Ace, though if don't introduce yourself, I most likely won't add you.
VX Ace
VX Ace

https://i.imgur.com/QlhdMvu.png

Back to top Go down

Whatsup everyone! Empty Re: Whatsup everyone!

Post by Dejimmy Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:54 pm

Nice to meet you Ace. No problem, i am really happy Stalker accepted me in.

Friends of mine do Parkour, when my injury's have healed, i will be joining them regularly. Because i have gotten stronger, i will be able to do climb-ups, which i couldn't do before. Not being able to do them was too frustrating, so i never really joined their training.

You sub video's? Your Japanese must be better than mine then, without Kanji and seeing it visually, i have a hard time understanding the language. But, i'll be in Japan for 3 weeks in August, so i hope i can come back practically fluent (as if Razz) .

I'm not really into computer specs etc. so don't worry about that haha
Dejimmy
Dejimmy

Back to top Go down

Post by VX Ace Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:10 am

In the fake world I know all the Japanese that ever existed, but in reality I really don't. I work off of the Romaji and my good old gut instinct. I sub mainly Vocaloid songs. Guess I have tons of luck right? I sub mainly Vocaloid songs.

I personally do Parkour on my own, but not very often. There aren't a lot of places that are good for it where I live. And I'm usually too lazy to work one my upper body, I run and bike too much, upper wasn't much use till I got into Parkour. Lots of flat ground where I live anyways, not much use.

My advice for learning a language with a completely different system is to cast aside the languages you knew before, and start over. It has helped me get somewhat better at Chinese, but then again, Chinese was my first language, so I see it all in a different way.

Good luck and most of all have fun. Do what you would actually enjoy doing, otherwise you might end up dropping or hating on it. But don't take the advice of someone who is VERY selective of the things that he watches.

*Goes back to sleep*

VX Ace
VX Ace

Back to top Go down

Post by walter-sama Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:42 am

Hey guys! I'm Walter sama! I expect us to get along and have fun with you.
walter-sama
walter-sama

Back to top Go down

Post by VX Ace Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:03 am

Very Happy (too lazy to make a response)
VX Ace
VX Ace

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum